Yoga for mums-to-be from the 2nd trimester
Pregnancy yoga is suitable for both beginning students and experienced practitioners. During pregnancy, yoga can play a key role in enhancing the experience of this precious time and empowering the mother-to-be to have the most conscious birth experience. Yoga can help women enjoy their pregnancy with minimal discomfort, cultivate breath awareness and strengthen the body in preparation for labour. Yoga also offers you the opportunity to connect with your baby, and coming to classes is a great way to feel part of a community of pregnant women.
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga
– increases your energy
– empowers the mother-to-be to have conscious birth experience
– keeps you fit whilst being sensitive to the baby and you
– decreases anxiety
– strengthens birthing muscles
– quickens post-partum recovery
– improves sleep
– reduces backache
– improves circulation
– promotes healthy birth
When to practise
Be conscious of how your body feels and seek medical advice regarding any health issues.
General guidelines are that you:
– rest during the first trimester
– start yoga in the second trimester
– continue your classes until before birth
– take up postnatal classes after birth
It’s never too late to practise prenatal yoga so whatever stage you’re at in your pregnancy, come along and experience the benefits of yoga.